THE INDOOR SWIMMING POOL
AT THE WROCLAW UNIVERSITY OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND LIFE SCIENCES
1. The Indoor Swimming Pool serves as an educational and sport facility at the Centre for Physical Education and Sport at the Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences.
2. The indoor swimming pool is open: on weekdays from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., on Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
3. The swimming pool opening hours may change due to organizational reasons or due to reasons beyond the control of the swimming pool management (sports events, holidays, technological defects, failures).
4. The manager is to notify the users about interruptions in the functioning of the swimming pool by placing an announcement on the entrance door, notice boards and on the swimming pool website.
5. Upon the instruction of the facility manager, the swimming pool staff may temporarily limit the entry of users to the swimming pool area, namely, due to reaching the maximum number of users.
6. Individuals in the swimming pool area are required to follow the instructions of the employees of the Indoor Swimming Pool of the Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences , in particular, instructions of the lifeguards on duty.
7. The user should read these regulations prior to the purchase of the service and entering the swimming pool.
8. Individuals present at the swimming pool area and violating order, good manners, posing a threat to other people staying in the facility as well as people who do not comply with the provisions of these regulations and the instructions of the employees of the Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences Indoor Swimming Pool may be removed from the facility.
9. Gross violation of the regulations may result in losing the possibility of entering the swimming pool.
10. By paying for the service, the customer confirms that he or she has read all the provisions of the swimming pool regulations and has undertaken to apply to the aforementioned rules.
11. There is a video recording monitoring system operating at the premises of the facility. The discussed video recordings may constitute evidence in case of holding users who do not comply with the regulations accountable. The manager states that the monitoring is realized in a manner not infringing the personal rights and dignity of the users of the swimming pool and that the recordings are secured and archived in a proper manner.
12. Recording videos and taking photos is allowed only after obtaining prior written consent of the Manager of the Indoor Swimming Pool
13. Admission to the swimming pool is possible based on single-entry tickets, passes and multisport cards purchased at the ticket office.
14. Holders of passes and single tickets have priority to enter the swimming pool.
15. Children up to 13 years of age may stay in the swimming pool only under the constant supervision and control of adults who are fully responsible for the children entrusted to their care and are responsible for any damage caused by these children. Each child under the age of 3 must be supervised by at least one guardian. One guardian can supervise a maximum of three children aged 4-13. The child’s guardian has the obligation of purchasing an admission ticket observing the applicable price list
16. Individuals who cannot swim may use the sports pool only as part of classes with an instructor. Individually, they may only use the recreational pool.
17. Individuals on a wheelchair are obliged to replace their wheelchair with a swimming pool wheelchair or thoroughly wash their wheelchair prior to entering the swimming pool hall.
18. Users of the Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences Indoor Swimming Pool should not bring valuables to the facility due to the risk of theft or loss.
19. Prior to leaving the cloakroom on the premises of the swimming pool hall, one should make sure that the locker is closed.
20. Valuables can be left in free deposit boxes located at the swimming pool cash registers.
21. One should change clothes for swimming pool clothes in the changing rooms. Family changing rooms are to be used by families with children and for people with disabilities.
22. Prior to entering the swimming pool hall, all users are required to thoroughly wash the entire body under the shower using washing agents (this rule applies after each use of the toilet as well) and to disinfect the feet in special feet disinfecting area.
23. One is required to change shoes throughout the entire pool area. Recommended footwear includes pool/beach slippers.
24. One is required to wear a clean, aesthetic bathing suit meeting the hygiene requirements in the swimming pool area:
a) for women – one-piece or two-piece swimsuit close to the body,
b) for men – swimming trunks or shorts without pockets – close to the body.
25. A bathing cap is required when a person is in water.
26. Children under 3 years of age must wear disposable diaper and bathing panties. What is more, it is recommended to use neoprene panties as they prevent any impurities from getting into the water.
27. The swimming pool may be used by:
• groups and people learning to swim under the supervision of instructors, trainers or physical education teachers,
• individuals who can swim individually,
• children up to seven years of age under adult supervision
• disabled people requiring care may stay in the swimming pool only under the care of a guardian
28. The following individuals cannot use the swimming pool:
• people under the influence of alcohol or intoxicants,
• people with medical contraindications for practicing water activities,
• people suffering from diseases that may be dangerous to other users,
• people with band-aids (plasters, bandages, etc.),
29. The following activities are forbidden in the swimming pool area:
• bringing and consuming alcoholic beverages and other stimulants
• smoking cigarettes
• bringing sharp tools and other dangerous items
• using products in glass packaging
• littering and contamination of changing rooms, showers, swimming pool halls and basins
• leaving children without supervision
• bringing and keeping animals
• taking pictures and filming without the consent of the Facility Manager
• carrying out gainful activity without the consent of the Facility Manager
30. Life guards wear clothes with the inscription “RATOWNIK” (“LIFE GUARD”)
31. The right-hand traffic applies on the lanes of the sports pool.
32. There is a limit of maximum of 6 people as regards one track.
33. Individual pool users may bring private swimming equipment to the swimming pool hall for personal use, after prior approval of the equipment cleanliness by a lifeguard.
34. In order to ensure safety and hygiene, swimming pool users are not allow to do the following:
a) entering the water despite the prohibitions of lifeguards, in the absence of rescue service staff and during the rescue operation
b) sitting on the edges of basins and on starting posts or access ladders,
c) running, pushing and pushing others into the water,
d) jumping into the water,
e) bringing and consuming food, drinks and chewing gum,
f) raising false alarms,
g) leaving children unattended,
h) entering and exiting the pool basins outside the designated areas (ladders),
i) satisfying physiological needs outside the WC,
j) deep diving and free breathing exercises.
k) causing situations threatening the safety of individuals using the swimming pool.
35. Any cuts, injuries and observed dangers and irregularities should be reported to the lifeguard without delay.
36. The entrance fee is charged in accordance to the price list.
37. The payment is made in cash or by card at the cash register prior to entering the swimming pool.
38. Prior to purchasing a ticket and entering the swimming pool, the user should read these regulations.
39. Purchasing a ticket means that the customer confirms that he or she has read all the provisions of the swimming pool regulations and undertakes to apply the aforementioned regulations.
40. The duration of stay at the swimming pool starts running from the full hour constituting the beginning of using the pool to the end of a period of 60 minutes.
41. The time spent in the changing room area should be limited to 15 minutes prior to entering the swimming pool hall and 20 minutes after leaving the swimming pool.
42. After swimming and changing clothes, one changes the swimming pool footwear to the outside footwear after leaving the changing room.
43. It is forbidden to leave children in the pool basins unattended.
44. Individuals running the classes may enter the swimming pool only in sports clothes and swimming pool footwear.
45. Activities performed at the swimming pool may take place only in the presence of a lifeguard responsible for the safety of people in the water and using the swimming pool.
46. Maintaining order, cleanliness, peace and quiet are obligatory in the swimming pool.
47. The following audible signals apply in the swimming pool and they must be strictly observed:
• 1 short whistle – attention: violation of the regulations.
• series of short whistles – alarm: leave the pool basins immediately and follow the instructions of lifeguards.
• 2 short whistles – end of class: get out of the water.
48. Items found in the swimming pool area are to be delivered to the reception desk. Reception staff gives items back after their owner identifies such items. Found items are stored for the period of two weeks.
49. Individuals who destroy swimming pool equipment or facilities as well as in case of children, their guardians, such individuals bear financial responsibility for the damage they caused.
50. Individuals violating the order or the provisions of these regulations are to be required to leave the swimming pool area.
51. In case of loss or damage to the key to the locker in the changing room, the user has to pay the amount determined in the price list.
52. If the water in the pool is contaminated with faeces or vomit, the perpetrator or his/her guardian is required to pay a one-time fee amounting to PLN 500.
53. Supervision over compliance with the regulations is realized by the swimming pool staff. Individuals violating the regulations and failing to comply with the instructions of the staff in such cases are not to be allowed to use the pool.
54. Requests and complaints are to be reported at the reception desk or directly to the Swimming Pool Manager.
55. In matters not covered by these Regulations, decisions are made by the Manager of the Indoor Swimming Pool.
56. Ignorance of the regulations does not exempt from liability for improper use of the swimming pool. Moreover, the Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences is not responsible for any negative consequences thereof.